Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The Bid team in Helsinki is looking for a Bid Manager to join the great team of professionals at Airbus Defence & Space, Secure Land Communications (SLC) in Finland.
You will be responsible for directing activities related to Secure Land Communications (SLC) bids. In particular you will be in charge of:
• proposing innovative and attractive technical solutions built upon Secure Land Communications (SLC) portfolio to address customer needs,
• leading and driving SLC teams to deliver winning, profitable and executable bids on-time, on-cost and on-quality,
• managing tenders following the Airbus DS bid process,
• driving through bid decisions from the management.
This role will give you the opportunity to build strong relationships with our customer organizations.
In particular you will:
As Bid Manager you will drive the internal multi-discipline Bid Team (Program line, Portfolio, Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Procurement, Legal, etc.) in order to:
• Develop and provide targeted proposal content in response to customer needs and constraints
• Perform overall bid management activities in compliance with the Airbus DS bid process including but not limited to : Sales support, project risks management and lessons learnt analysis support
This role will involve some travels for business with short-notice periods.
Required skills :
You will have the following skills and experience:
• 5 years degree level in Engineering or Business Administration
• Good understanding of IT and telecommunications technology
• Strong skills and understanding of Software Selling (e.g. SaaS)
• Strong communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal, in an international environment
• Strong leadership skills, ability to manage on-site and remote teams
• Presentation skills
• Strong “can do” mindset, persistent and proactive
• Highly analytical and organized
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, make critical decisions
• Ability to handle uncertainty and stress
• Flexibility is highly appreciated
• Negotiation level in English
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by May 20th 2022.
For further information, please contact Philippe Delaunay + 33 (6) 8574 4421 on May 2nd (from 2pm (EET) to 4pm (EET)) or May 4th (from 2pm (EET) to 4pm (EET)).
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: