The Bid team in Helsinki is looking for a Bid Manager to join the great team of professionals at Airbus Defence & Space, Secure Land Communications (SLC) in Finland. You will be responsible for directing activities related to Secure Land Communications (SLC) bids. In particular you will be in charge of:
• Proposing innovative and attractive technical solutions built upon Secure Land
Communications (SLC) portfolio to address customer needs
• Leading and driving SLC teams to deliver winning, profitable and executable bids on-time, on-cost and on-quality
• Managing tenders following the Airbus DS bid process
• Driving through bid decisions from the management.
This role will give you the opportunity to build strong relationships with our customer organizations.
Main role and responsibilities
In particular you will:
• Obtain first-hand knowledge of the customer’s needs
• Participate in discussions and presentations with customers and other internal or third parties to convincingly articulate SLC bid positioning and value for customers
• Create high level system solutions together with highly skilled professionals
• Identify customer requirements and bring them to the portfolio and the engineering teams for solution identification
• Answer first budgetary proposal requests, RFI’s or similar customer requests as necessary
• Work closely with sales and the central teams to create value for our customers.
As Bid Manager you will drive the internal multi-discipline Bid Team (Program line, Portfolio, Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Procurement, Legal, etc.) in order to:
• Develop and provide targeted proposal content in response to customer needs and constraints
• Perform overall bid management activities in compliance with the Airbus DS bid process including but not limited to: sales support, project risks management and lessons learnt analysis support.
This role will involve some travels for business with short-notice periods.
What we expect from you
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• Good understanding of IT and telecommunications technology
• Good skills and understanding of Software Selling (e.g. SaaS)
• Strong communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal, in an international environment
• Good leadership skills, ability to manage on-site and remote teams
• Good presentation skills
• Strong “can do” mindset, persistent and proactive attitude
• Highly analytical and organized working style
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, make critical decisions
• Ability to handle uncertainty and stress
• Flexibility is highly appreciated
• Fluency in both English and Finnish.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by March 12th 2023. For further information, please contact Philippe Delaunay + 33 (6) 8574-4421.