Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries.
The telecommunications business of Airbus in Belgium is looking for a Customer Support Engineer (m/f/d) to join our company in Diegem.
As a Customer Support Engineer (m/f/d), your role is to ensure the reliability of critical communication networks. In your daily work, you will do trouble-shooting and resolutions of incident and problem tickets. Your job will also consist of preventive and corrective maintenance of software and preparing upgrades to the networks. Implementation and commissioning of the last generation telecommunication products and software are also in your responsibility.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Trouble shooting and resolutions of incident and problem tickets.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of software and preparing upgrades with minimal impact on the end-user services.
- Implementation and commissioning of the last generation telecommunication products and software.
- Coordinating with other support engineers from Airbus’s partners and with the R&D expert center when needed.
- Reporting within customer meetings, being owner of your cases.
- Intervening in the area of Belgium.
- Contributing to and learning from the international support team (methodology, training, lessons learned, tools).
- Build knowledge and expertise in the different technologies for which Airbus is responsible (Core and Radio Access Networks, Transmission, Microwave, IP, Firewall, Encryption, Terminals, Applications, OSs, Virtualization).
- Understand the ITIL processes.
- Bachelor or Master in engineering, preferably in electronics / Telecom / IP / ICT.
- Experienced in the implementation, support or development of radio telecommunication systems (e.g. Tetra, 2G, 3G, 4G or IP networks); any similar experience or IT / network related knowledge is an asset (IP, Firewalls, LAN/WAN).
- Emphasis on the IP part of the telecom network.
- Able to work in a structured manner, preferably with basic knowledge of project management tools / ITIL processes.
- Dynamic team player with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Able to work autonomously and to report both internally and towards customers.
- Willing to take responsibilities in a mission critical and international environment.
- Eager to learn new technologies and willing to grow and develop your technical and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Dutch and/or French.
What we offer:
Join an international company offering reliable, innovated and highly renowned solutions. Benefit from a Global and Local team experience and work transversely within and outside the Group. Besides autonomy, personal growth and development possibilities, Airbus DS SLC offers a competitive remuneration package.
Read more about SLC and what we do on: