Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
Our Test Laboratory team in Helsinki is looking for an ICT Engineer. The team consists of 9 people who are responsible of maintaining Test Laboratory test environments and Tetra networks.
As a member of Test Laboratory team you are responsible for integrating and maintaining test environments used by our R&D and verification teams. Your tasks are challenging and varying as the technology we maintain in test laboratory covers all Tetra products from analog technology, indoor radio networks and IP networks till the latest virtualized solutions.
You will attend planning and implementation of test networks from the beginning and have active role in test system maintenance, software updates and fault investigation.
Working together as a team is important to us and you will therefore be working closely with software designers, testing engineers and other project team members in agile way to support R&D projects for developing latest Tetra technology.
Skills and qualifications needed
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT, Telecommunications, or related field
• IP networking knowledge / certifications, such as CCNA
• Knowledge and skills from tools like or similar to Red Hat, VMware (creating and configuring VMs), Virtualization
• Competence in configuring Windows and Linux
• Intermediate English (spoken, read, written) and fluent Finnish are needed to be able to work successfully in the team
Additional useful qualifications
• Scripting with Ansible and/or Python
• Understanding of LTE and IoT solutions e.g. from Athonet, Nokia, and Ericsson
• Working experience with server hardware
• Atlassian Jira & Confluence experience
• Basic understanding of TETRA technology
• Supportive and enthusiastic team spirit
What we can offer you
• A supportive work community where you are appreciated just the way you are
• International work environment
• Motivate bonus system
• Benefits supporting your work such as lunch benefit, sport & culture benefit, occupational health care and hobby clubs, just mentioning few
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by September 26th 2021.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: