A vacancy for a Pre-Sales Demo Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space Connected Intelligence at Elancourt site (France). You will join the Technical Sales Support team responsible for supporting Secure Land Communication (SLC) Sales & Marketing communities to capture and win new business in existing and new territories.
SLC demo capability is used as a pre-sales tool to support Regional Sales, Business Development and Channel Partner teams during defined sales campaigns and for new prospects. The demo's main objective is to show the operational values of SLC mission/business critical solutions portfolio in line with customer needs and expectations.
As a Pre-Sales Demo Engineer, you will be in charge of technical coordination of all demos and Proof of Concept for marketing, customer and/or internal events. You will have the opportunity to interface with various SLC stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Product Business Management and R&D.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1/ New demo development and training:
- Collect customer operational uses-cases and new demo requirements,
- Develop, integrate and validate new innovative demo concept and scenarios,
- Integrate and validate third party solutions for new demo scenarios,
- Develop training materials to enable SLC pre-sales and Channel Partner communities to run the demos,
- Contribute to SLC demos solutions e-catalogue.
2/ Demo showroom and equipment management:
- Maintain demo equipment HW/SW configuration database,
- Setup and maintain demo showroom and demo cloud-based solutions.
3/ Demo technical setup:
- Define technical requirements to setup the demo (space, energy, connectivity, interfaces…),
- Define operational parameters, integrate third party solutions and setup end-to-end demo solution,
- Support SLC pre-sales and Channel Partner communities during demo execution.
This role will involve some travel for business both inside and outside Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Telecommunication Engineering degree (or equivalent),
- At least 2 years' experience in integration of telecom and/or IT systems,
- Information Technology (IT) environment and equipment such as Windows, Linux servers, Virtual Environment (VMware, KVM…), Active Directory,
- LAN/WAN IP solutions and equipment such as Cisco solutions,
- Information Security, EMM/MDM, Android/IOS, Data Centre Cloud Computing knowledge would be a real asset,
- 3GPP Mission Critical Broadband Communications Technology would be a plus,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface various and different stakeholders (internal and customers),
- Ability to manage several tasks in parallel and to meet demanding requirements,
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn,
- Autonomous, methodical and rigorous,
- Advanced level English.