Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries.
The technical team of Airbus in Belgium is looking for a Technical Sales & Solution Manager (m/f/d) to join our company in Diegem.
Inside the Airbus SLC Benelux office, the Technical Sales & Solution Manager (TSSM) is accountable for both owning technical design activities and developing the technical solutions during commercial phases. The main focus will be to support the development of business and projects for Airbus SLC in Belgium and possible support for the Netherlands and / or Luxemburg. Cooperation is also expected with other entities of Airbus DS and its partners in the region. He / she will present strong assets for technical business development and technical design.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Depending on the project lifecycle, the responsibilities of the Technical Sales & Solution Manager differ:
Business development phase:
- Customer Sales Support phase:
- Support Sales Lead in building strong technical relationships with customer organization.
- Support and organize technical business development activities (systems evolutions, presentations, workshops).
- Answer and/or support first budgetary proposal requests as necessary.
- Organize marketing activities linked to the technical portfolio (demo, roadmap, Proof of Concept).
- Sales Management phase:
- Responsible for the development of the targeted competitive solution proposal and provide content in response to customer technical needs and constraints.
- Provide responses to all technical parts of RFPs and associated deliverables (technical offer preparation, compliance matrix, system acceptance test plans).
- Support and/or perform technical sales management activities in compliance with the Airbus DS bid process.
- Support the Lead Sales person to define the commercial and pricing strategy.
- Support the Lead Sales person for setting up and managing the partnerships with partners and subcontractors (e.g. technical RFQ towards subcontractors).
- Prepare and negotiate offers as well as technical solutions with customers and partners.
The Technical Sales & Solution Manager:
- Defines the technical specifications of the solution including associated testing and acceptance plan.
- Manages lab and field testing with the help of our technical support organization.
- Manages technical reviews and governance.
- Prepares and negotiates technical project change requests.
Operations and Care phase:
The Technical Sales & Solution Manager provides support for :
- Operational Readiness Assessment and operational handover before / after the projects.
- Design, preparation and evolution of operations systems (O&M systems) and processes (decision trees, competence hand over).
- Answers to technical and / or engineering questions (RFI).
- Portfolio and solution evolutions.
- Civil or industrial engineer preferably in Telecom and / or IT. Technical design knowledge of Mission Critical / Business Critical Communication is an interesting asset for Airbus.
- Complementary commercial / sales education is an advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in Telecommunication / IT systems including radio communication systems and / or applications solutions. Experience in PMR systems and / or in IP technology is an advantage.
- Experience in Telecommunication / IT system architecture and system integration.
- Experience in preparing technical solutions during sales phase.
- Network and market knowledge in Belgium. Complementary market knowledge in the Netherlands and / or Luxemburg is an advantage.
- Fluent knowledge of at least 1 Belgian national language (Dutch and / or French) and English.
- Developed communication and presentation skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) in an international environment.
- Technical leadership and management skills.
- Commercial support and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel (limited), work in a team and motivate people, prioritize and take decisions.
- Technical, creative and analytical.
What we offer:
Join an international company offering reliable, innovated and highly renowned solutions. Benefit from a Global and Local team experience and work transversely within and outside the Group. Besides autonomy, personal growth and development possibilities, Airbus DS SLC offers a competitive remuneration package.
Read more about SLC and what we do on: