Are you looking for new career opportunities? We are looking to hire new people in this exciting telecoms industry at Secure Land Communications — a subsidiary of Airbus. Come work with us!
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced commu...
Die Secure Land Communications ist die Programmlinie von Airbus Defence and Spac...
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Technical Solution Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space - Secure Land Communications in Elancourt.
The Technical Solution Manager is responsible for the adequacy and compliance of the proposed Professional Mobile Radio solution with customer functional and operational requirements. You will report to the Head of System Engineering. System Engineering service is part of the System Design department in the Operations organization of Secure Land Communications, Airbus Defence and Space.
You will be involved in Bids and Customer projects.
This position will require a security clearance.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Collection and analysis of customer functional and operational requirements,
- Definition of the technical solution: specification, architecture, dimensioning, with adequate resiliency, performance and security levels and optimized costs,
- Configuration of the network elements: parameters for roll-out,
- Bid/Project Technical follow-up: technical reviews with customers, commitment requests, technical changes,
- Suppliers technical follow-up: technical specification and qualification plan,
- Scope of supply definition for the end-to-end solution,
- System Acceptance of the solution,
- Operational planning with Customer.
The role will involve some travels for business (Middle East, Europe, etc...) and such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Engineering degree or equivalent in Telecommunication systems and/or IT systems,
• Recent graduate with up to 2 years of experience,
• Skills in Security and IT systems, IT infrastructure, Cloud/Datacenter, Virtualized Networks,
• Knowledge of PMR solutions (LTE, TETRA and/or TETRAPOL) would be a plus,
• Ability to work in team within an international context,
• Good writing and presenting/inter-personal skills,
• Languages: fluency in French and advanced level in English.