As a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, Airbus designs, produces and delivers innovative solutions with the aim to create a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world. These cutting-edge products and services – which span the commercial aircraft, helicopter, defence, security and space segments – benefit from our wide-ranging expertise and continued emphasis on innovation.
In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Most of our employees work in Secure Land Communications (SLC) business unit, which offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions, compliant with the highest standards of security and reliability, both for mission and business critical users. We help our customers in public safety organisations such as police, defence, fire & rescue, healthcare & hospitals, airports, transportation, oil & gas, and utilities, collaborate in a smart and secure manner. While offering hybrid solutions to support our customers on a smooth evolution path, we are playing an active role in shaping future communications and collaborations technology and setting the ground for new standards.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Test Engineer to join our Integration and Verification team in Helsinki. As a Test Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our cutting-edge products and solutions for the telecommunications industry for public safety.
Main role and responsibilities
1. Test Planning and Strategy:
- Develop comprehensive test plans and strategies tailored to various telecommunication products and solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define testing scope and objectives.
2. Test Case Design and Execution:
- Design, implement, and execute test cases for functional, performance and system testing.
- Conduct thorough regression testing to ensure software stability.
- Implement and maintain automated test scripts to streamline testing processes.
- Identify opportunities for test automation to enhance efficiency and coverage.
4. Bug Tracking and Reporting:
- Effectively identify, document, and track software defects.
- Collaborate with development teams to facilitate timely issue resolution.
5. Performance Testing:
- Conduct performance testing to ensure scalability and reliability of the developed products.
- Analyze and optimize system performance through testing iterations.
- Work closely with developers, product managers, software designers and other stakeholders to understand project requirements.
- Participate in agile development processes, providing feedback and insights to improve product quality.
- Create and maintain detailed test documentation, including test cases, procedures, and reports.
- Contribute to the development of user guides and documentation as needed.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related field.
- Understanding of the Testing process in an Agile way.
- Experience in test automation tools and frameworks.
- Good knowledge of networking protocols and telecommunications standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills to develop testing tools and test automation in rather complex telecommunication environments
- Self-guided and driver attitude, willingness to develop state of the art products helping to rescue life
- Motivated team player who aims for organizational and own development
- Fluent spoken and written English skills
- Security mindset, both technical and physical
- Good understanding of IP networking
- Python and version control tools, e.g. GIT
- Basic knowledge of Virtualization
- Documentation using collaboration tools
- Jira, Confluence
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be result oriented and collaborative. You show interest in creating high quality products. You are motivated to learn new things, expand your knowledge and coach others on areas you know well.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by 25.02.2024. For further information, please contact Tom Ailio (hiring manager), +358 40 7545252.
Choose a workplace that offers truly meaningful work!
Secure our society: Airbus operates within an industry that is crucial for common safety. As we help e.g. authorities to perform in a secure and collaborative way, the work we do is meaningful for our society.
You’ll have an impact: due to the nature of our industry, our products need to be 100% secure. All our employees play a key role in making that happen.
Great colleagues: our work community is truly international, flexible, inclusive and very supportive. We take pride in working together and appreciate our employees just the way they are.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: