Secure Land Communication (SLC) which is part of Airbus Defense & Space delivers end to end applicative solutions for Public Safety and Business critical segments. SLC is transforming and evolving and we need talented people who can make a real difference on the way we design, deliver and support IT and applicative solutions to our customers.
We are looking for a “Senior Transport Engagement Leader (m/f/d)” in Ulm, Berlin, Sulzbach (Ts.), Elancourt, Jyväskylä or Helsinki.
This role will be part of the department “Business Analytics & Smart Applications”.
Your main responsibility: SLC has decided to set up a team dedicated to the Aviation market segment. In this position you will work in partnership with our clients to ensure the right fit between customer needs and Airbus solutions. This is a key position to show the value of Airbus solutions to our customers.
- Participate to strategy growth streams:
- Participate in market status, trends and size analysis.
- Take part in evaluations of market actors and qualification of potential partnering.
- Identify and contribute to intra Airbus-group synergies to leverage cross-division competitiveness.
- Support strategy definition for regional teams and potential dedicated local partnership.
- Establish customer relationships and foster collaborative approach:
- Understand, map and build customer profile by capturing strategic objectives, business needs, operational requirements and maturity state towards new technologies.
- Support pre-sales engagement campaigns:
- Provide options for solution to customers using technical whitepapers, presentations and workshops. Ensure excellent understanding of customer needs and constitute technical offers matching with Airbus SLC turnkey solutions (available or new if required).
- Build competitive analysis and identify Airbus SLC best market-fit with key focus on customer value-add, product differentiation, and time to market.
- Contribute to integration definition needs between Airbus SLC solutions and the customer’s environment (applications, IT, security) for use cases.
- Support SLC Civil Aviation Team competence upskilling plan:
- Keep updated knowledge about technology/techniques evolutions, understanding of current technology, standard Airbus’ customer environment, cloud computing and shared services.
- Share Civil Aviation operation knowledge with SLC Civil Aviation teams.
- Foster prototyping and innovation:
- Contribute to prototype definition in collaboration with portfolio manager to answer customer specific needs in collaboration with portfolio management (wiederholung portfolio manager).
Skills & qualifications:
- Business and technical qualifications required.
- Expertise in commercial aircraft and airport operations domain areas.
- Strong experience in engaging customers for business needs and analysis definition.
- Capacity to influence customers’ operational level, but also key decision makers such as C-Level Management.
- Able to handle and manage complex problems.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver with sufficient knowledge of engineering systems to interact with specialist teams on key topics.
- Strong communication skills, able to interact and work efficiently with customers (internal and external).
- Team management experience : interactions with other teams and actors, subjects selection, innovation change, pushing current limits
- Fluent in English, able to tailor key messages towards management and technical audience.
- Willing and able to travel 30% of the time within APAC, Middle East, Europe, LATAM regions.
Act now, join us!
Recruiting Business Partner
+49 (0) 731 1751 1163