BOS radio network
Germany's nationwide BOS network is the largest TETRA network in the world. In December 2016, there were 66 switches and more than 4,500 TETRA base stations in operation.
A number of different organizations share the use of the BOS public safety radio network. For example:
- National police organisations (Polizeien des Bundes)
- Regional police organisations (Polizeien der Länder)
- Fire departments (Feuerwehren)
- Rescue departments (Rettungsdiensten)
- Disaster prevention and civil protection (Katastrophen- und Zivilschutzbehörden)
- National civil protection office (Bundesanstalt Technisches Hilfswerk (THW)
- Customs (Bundeszollverwaltung)
The German public safety relies on BOS communications for everyday operations. In addition, communication over the network plays an important role in securing special events. The G7 Summit in 2015 was just one example of an important event which required first-class security.
Learn about the preparations for the special event - download article "Stress test proves the network before the G7 summit"