The Airports Operations Control Centre (AOCC) is a focal point for Dubai airport operations. It oversees that everything runs smoothly, which is a huge task in one of the world's busiest airports. Thanks to professional communications, they are up for the task.
Ensuring a smooth passenger flow
The Airports Operations Control Centre (AOCC) oversees that everything runs smoothly at Dubai airport, such as:
- aircraft and vehicle flow
- passenger and baggage flow.
The AOCC monitors and processes data from a number of sources to be ready to respond to any incident in real time. They use the data also to predict developing situations. They use TETRA radio communications every day to communicate with different stakeholders all over the airport.
Says Sajeel Shaukat Sharif, manager, AOCC: "TETRA is useful for us, for example terminal controllers are constantly in touch with team on the ground – for issues such as urgent medical cases, so TETRA is a very good solution.”
The AOCC have also piloted hybrid communications. Says Sajeel Shaukat Sharif: "I think every terminal would like the Tactilon Dabat hybrid device. It would definitely help us in our operations."
Find out more: on this video, Sajeel Shaukat Sharif explains the benefits they’ve gained from using TETRA radio communications.
Several organizations and teams at Dubai International, including AOCC use Nedaa’s TETRA network. Nedaa is the provider of TETRA networks and Airbus solutions for several governmental and non-governmental entities.
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is one of the biggest airports in the world.
- DXB was the world's busiest airport by international passenger traffic in 2019
- Terminal 3 is the largest airport terminal in the world
- DXB is one of the few airports in the world which can support the Airbus A380 superjumbo.
Watch three other videos and learn more about professional communications at Dubai International Airport:
- What does an airport team leader think of hybrid communications?
- What are the benefits Trolley Management has gained from using advanced digital communications?
- How can professional communications benefit airport rescue services?
Or get inspired by these pictures from the Dubai International Airport (DXB):