New solutions and technologies for public safety communications
The PRIORITY project has several expected outcomes, where the most significant outcomes are:
The objective of the project is to improve the competitiveness of Finnish ecosystem of critical communications and situational awareness solutions. Research topics will concentrate on four areas:
- technical solutions to be further developed into products in near future
- new and evolved ecosystems in the area of critical communication, resulting in growing international business for the participants and the next capability level in safety authorities’ mission critical communication.
- Broadband service in extremely remote locations
- Quality of Service differentiation and provisioning for diverse needs
- Communication security
- Interworking of dedicated and commercial networks.
During its two year duration, the project will focus on three application scenarios:
- Search and capture
- Smart rural business
- Emergency response.
The solutions will be trialed in live network deployments, by applying the 5G-Force platform and scenario-specific technology blocks.
The project creates joint activities with many different actors in the field of critical communication. Project is part of Business Finland Digital Trust Finland program.
Check these photos - they were shot during the "Search and capture" scenario demonstration in Oulu Zone: