Fuzhou Metro is the metro system for the city of Fuzhou, the capital of the Fujian province in China. They use professional communications to ensure smooth passage for their 325,000 passengers per day. The Fuzhou Metro started its operation in 2016 and has been growing ever since.
Easy to expand as the needs grow
Fuzhou Metro started its operations in 2016. Since then, Fuzhou Metro has seen several expansions.
- The metro line 2 was opened in 2019.
- The metro lines 5 and 6 entered operation in 2022.
This will make Fuzhou Metro ready to serve the growing needs of the city's more than 8 million inhabitants.
- A total of 4 lines are operational.
- The total length of tracks is 113.43 km.
- There are 80 metro stations.
Communications are critical
People working for Fuzhou Metro rely on a TETRA network for their professional communications.
The instant, reliable two-way communications let staff from diverse areas of the operations communicate as needed. This helps keep the metro network running smoothly, which is a direct benefit for the passengers.
The users of the network include
- control center operators,
- station duty officers,
- metro drivers,
- maintenance personnel and more.
The TETRA system from Airbus is scalable. It not only meets the current operational needs of Fuzhou Metro, but also takes into account the growing needs.
Facts and figures
The TETRA communications network (which covers the operational metro lines) includes:
- 4 TETRA switches
- Around 90 TB3-series base stations
- Around 2,000 TETRA radios.
In addition to Fuzhou Metro, Airbus has provided professional communication solutions to the metro lines of 17 other Chinese cities.
Learn more – read the press releases:
- 7 Dec, 2020 – Airbus continues its growth in the Chinese metro market with its secure communications technology
- 7 Apr, 2020 – Chinese city of Fuzhou puts trust in Airbus secure communication technology for another metro line
- 12 May, 2017 – Airbus supplies Tetra radio systems to new metro lines in the cities of Wuhan and Fuzhou